Monday, October 29, 2007

Wo ist Anna?

Hey all,

I went to visit Molly and Chris in Munich this weekend, and it was my first venture out of Ireland in over a month. I've been getting kind of used to living in the atmosphere of small-town Ireland (even though Cork is about as big as Spokane) but it was fun to get back into a big city and experience a completely different European experience than I've been having.

I finally found my way to Chrolly (Yes, I really am too lazy to type Chris and Molly) after a terrifying experience involving me missing the airport shuttle, not knowing any German, and my cell phone not working in non-Ireland countries. But I made it, and I didn't even break down crying in the U-Bahn, which is something I'm quite proud of. Friday we went and looked around the university and other cool places in Munich. I'm a big fan. I generally like big cities, because whenever I go to a new one, I think it's my favorite that I've been to, and Munich was no exception. Friday night we went to the opera and saw Marriage of Figaro and I understood none of it, but it was still quality entertainment and I feel more cultured now.

Saturday was the best part--we took a day trip to Salzburg and saw all kinds of cool stuff! I really liked the narrow streets with high buildings on both sides and the cool architecture, but my favorite event of the day was when we found a park based on the Magic Flute and played there for over an hour. The slide was my favorite part. Or maybe the tire swing type things.

Sunday we went to mass (in German!) and then an art museum. That night we watched a movie which I'm pretty sure beats out Hackers for the title of "Worst movie ever". I got back to Cork this morning and Chrolly is coming to visit me this weekend, so I have to make sure my hostessing skills are up to the challenge!

Sadly, I had to write my very first paper since May this week, which was very depressing as it is putting a damper on my 6-month long vacation from hard-core school work, but I know I cannot complain about that when all my Gonzaga buddies just had midterms.

I hope all is well back in Spokane or scattered across the globe, my dear friends.

Love,
Anna

No comments: